7 Things You Can Do To Enhance 2018; Self-Love A lot of people struggle with loving themselves and are hidden under the umbrella of Low-self esteem. it is important for the well being of any individual to have a healthy amount of self-love as it is an essential element for living a positively present life. Loving myself means to respect and value myself.
It is unhealthy for me to equate the idea of other loving me with me learning to truly love who I am. i must learn to be my best and biggest fan and NEVER compare myself to other people. Often times than not, it is easier said than done. That’s why its important to love ourselves much more than any one else. To stop discrediting ourselves for everything we aren’t, and start giving ourselves credit for everything we are. And to be aware that not everyone we love will agree with us every step of the way, and to be OK with it. In 2017, you may have let all these happen but it is time to put an end to it. Let 2018 be the year of SELF LOVE;
- Take a break from UNHEALTHY relationships– If you are in a happy, committed relationship, then you’re in a great place and this does not apply to you. If you don’t love yourself enough, you will keep looking for someone to fill a void only you can fill. Take time out to discover yourself again. Fall in love with you just because you deserve it and can love yourself better than anyone can love you.
- Exercise!– Yes! and this cannot be over emphasised. It is not just for the weight-loss lovers, it aids the mind to develop properly! Research has found that exercise boosts the mind and this might be all you need to start appreciating yourself more.
- Read! Read!! Read!!!– Besides helping form a better you, reading will expose you to new things, new information, new ways to solve problems, and new ways to achieve stuff. Your communication skill is also improved through reading. Besides reading exposes you to a world of imagination, and who doesn’t like to live in a world of his or her own fantasy where the impossible is possible?!
- Take a vacation! – Take time away from work and your usual surroundings and explore the world around you! You cannot come and kill yourself now can you? study has proven that people who take vacations once every six years or less were almost eight times more likely to develop heart disease, have a heart attack, or die of a coronary-related cause than those who took at least two vacations a year. These statistics are not to scare you but to persuade you that time off is important to your health in the long run.
- Make new friends– If you bury yourself indoors all the time, the likelihood of meeting new people is very slim. Make more efforts at networking. Go out alone and mingle with others. You never can tell where these new connections might lead to. You just might meet that friend that will give you a contract worth 30 Billion after all.
- Answer to no one!– Be the boss of you because when it comes down to it, this is your life, and you should do what you damn well please with it. You can make your dreams happen; you can become everything you’ve ever wanted. It all starts with a little self-love.
The bottom line is: Being happy is important for Every area of your life to function! People will come and go, events will come and go and days will turn into weeks and into months but a true love for yourself will always remain with you, if you nurture it.